If you haven’t started using packing cubes when you’re packing, then you are missing out! I was so excited to get my set of 3 Small Packing Cubes from Dot & Dot Travel! They are great for holding all your smaller necessities! I use one small one for all of my socks and undergarments and another for my pajamas when I travel. It’s great to open my suitcase to find it nicely organized and easy to put away. It also gives me something to put the dirty laundry in after I’ve unpacked at the hotel. Another perk is that I’m finding by using my cubes, I’m not getting the little tags from TSA nearly so often since they can also see more easily in the machine what’s in my suitcase.
You can get your own by clicking here!!
Some product details:
Small Packing Cube Size: 11″ x 6.75″ x 3″
See through mesh panel of these travel packing organizers allows you to easily find what you need.
Maintain your privacy while going through security in the airport.
Save time ironing your clothes at the hotel. The packing cube set will help minimize wrinkles on your clothes.
Maximize your luggage space so you can squeeze in more of your stuff.
Traveling with the entire family? Make packing and unpacking easy by assigning a cube per person or purpose.
Save time packing and unpacking by allowing you to unpack only what you need.
These travel packing cubes fit on your luggage, duffel, suitcase, backpack, slim bags on on their own.
*I received product in exchange for my fair and honest review.
I was thrilled to have the opportunity to review Mary Lambert’s newest album, Heart On My Sleeve! What a great collection of different types of music. She is a very talented musician that can successfully perform a wide range of music.
You can get your own at:
To learn more about Mary Lambert and to follow along with upcoming releases and more, be sure to visit the following:
I participated in the Mary Lambert Heart On My Sleeve album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided a free album to review but all opinions are my own.
Thanks to Influenster and Victoria’s Secret, I had the opportunity to try out their Incredible Sports Bra and Knockout Crop Pants! I received the wrong size in my VoxBox, so I headed over to my local store to exchange them.
While there, they offered me a bra fitting and to try on a couple styles to see which was the best fit for me and my workout style. I chose the Incredible because it has great underwire support that you don’t even feel and gives me a great female silhouette, unlike so many sports bras out there that lack support and make it look like you have one big lump for a chest! I can wear it under tanks and tees and still feel great about how I look!
I chose to stick with the pink because I’m excited to bring it to NYC with me, along with my Knockout Pants to walk 39.3 miles for Breast Cancer in the NYC Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in mid-October!
“This is a sponsored blog post. Influenster provided me with complimentary Victoria’s Secret products to test and review as part of a contest.”
FRIDAY the 13th FREE Kindle Event – 13 Books From 13 Mystery Authors
Visit the Amazon Listmania list at =
for another way to browse the books.
Date: April 13, 2012
Event: Add some good luck to your Friday the 13th (April 13, 2012) with this special Kindle Select promotion from a group of mystery authors with a publishing history that includes Dutton, William Morrow, Dell, Avon, MIRA Books, St. Martin’s Minotaur, and Mainly Murder Press. Readers will discover mystery, suspense, romance and paranormal in settings that range from small town U.S.A., to Singapore and Indochina, to a mysterious island, to the world of reality TV. Among the accomplishments of the listed authors are New York Times bestselling, Amazon bestselling, Edgar-nominated, Agatha-nominated, winner of the St. Martin’s Press/Malice Domestic Best First Traditional Novel, finalist in the Mary Higgins Clark Mystery Magazine National Short Story Contest, and recipients of the Premier Book Awards Mystery/Thriller of the Year Award, and a Writer’s Digest Writing Award, to name just a few. Don’t miss this one-day, Kindle exclusive opportunity to discover these 13 new authors and brighten your Friday the 13th.
The Books: (Bloggers, please feel free to use your Amazon affiliate links)
1. Darker By Degree by Susan Branham and Keri Knutson – A missing girl. A mysterious break-in. A brutal murder. Actress Maddie Pryce is looking for her big break, but finds herself at the center of a series of seemingly unrelated crimes. Soon she’s tangled up with a persistent detective, a driven director, a playboy producer, and an unstable ingenue. Can Maddie unravel the clues before her next role is as a serial killer’s victim?
2. Diary of Murder by Jean Henry Mead – Dana Logan’s wealthy sister, Georgi, dies and Georgi’s husband claims it was suicide. Dana knows her sister would never take her own life and sets out to prove it was murder, with her friend, Sarah Cafferty. During their investigation, they stumble over more bodies and place their own lives in jeopardy when they encounter a vicious drug ring.
3. Ghost Island by Bonnie Hearn Hill – Is Aaron a dream, or is he something much more deadly? Livia Hinson has just begun a Seminar at Sea when a storm hits their boat. Now, she is stranded with the other students on an island off the coast of California. Far away from her foster home and her heartbreak, Livia finds Aaron, the perfect love. But the only way they can be together is in her dreams.
4. Kiki Lowenstein and the Purple Passion: A Kiki Lowenstein Short Story by Joanna Campbell Slan – When a customer’s daughter is falsely accused, Kiki Lowenstein foils a nasty plan to ruin the girl’s reputation. Mystery, crafts, recipes, humor, romance/short story. ASIN: B007P0OKOK
5. One Small Victory by Maryann Miller – the story of one woman’s courage. Suspense novel by Maryann Miller, based on a true story of a woman who infiltrated a drug ring and helped bring down a major distributor in her small Texas town. Don’t discount what a mother can do to protect her children. First published in hardback, now available as an e-book and as a trade paperback. ASIN: B0040GJI3K
6. Rock & Roll Homicide by RJ McDonnell – The 1st novel in the Rock & Roll Mystery Series finds PI Jason Duffy helping the widow of a slain rock star after she climbs to #1 in the police suspect charts. Duffy, an inexperienced former club musician, sorts through suspects ranging from band members to the Russian Mafia in this rocking whodunit. 4.67 Star Average.
7. Sink or Swim by Stacy Juba
After starring on a hit game show set aboard a Tall Ship, personal trainer Cassidy Novak discovers that she has attracted a stalker. Can she trust Zach Gallagher, the gorgeous newspaper photographer assigned to follow her for a local series? As things heat up with the stalker and with Zach, soon Cassidy will need to call SOS for real. “Easy read and extremely well written.” Stephenie LaGrossa, Survivor; “I could not put this book down.” Book Club Queen
8. Southeast Asian Quartet by William S. Shepard – Mystery, suspense and murder in Southeast Asia in the style of Somerset Maugham, these four tales evoke Singapore, Borneo, Malaya and Indochina. Perhaps you’ll solve the disappearance of Jim Thompson, the Thai Silk King, missing for 35 years. Draw up a chair at the Raffles Bar and join us! ASIN: B0075X8Q1K
9. Taken by Debra Lee – Welcome to the fictitious little town of Watery, Pennsylvania where the district attorney’s personal secretary, Mary Murray never planned to become a single mom or a suspect in her infant’s disappearance, but she plans to find Jena before she suffers the same fate Mary’s younger brother had when he was taken twelve years earlier. ASIN: B0040SXVYA
10. The Four Last Things by Timothy Hallinan – Hired to follow a young woman, private eye Simeon Grist becomes mired in murder and a million-dollar religious scam in The Four Last Things, the first in a series of highly-praised LA private-eye novels written in the 1990s by 2011 Edgar nominee Timothy Hallinan. The Drood Review called it “One of the 10 best books of the year.” Publisher’s Weekly: “Very satisfying;” Booklist: “a sure winner.” ASIN: B003UHVTXW
11. When a Man Loves a Woman: Enhanced Multimedia Edition by Alina Adams –
Can a man and woman ever truly be just friends? What about if one of them is married? What if one of them suddenly isn’t anymore? Originally published as a paperback by Dell in 2000, the 2011 e-book re-release multimedia edition now features all the text of the original, plus a bonus musical soundtrack to compliment the story! A romance from mystery author Alina Adams. ASIN: B005NSDVO6
12. Willowtree by Mike Bove – Bruce DelRano, retired postman, golf and food nut, finds a body near the golf course. He believes the murder is connected to others and involves his Apache friend. Together, they stay a step ahead of the police in trying to solve the cases. They uncover dark secrets of a close knit group of friends in the town of Willowtree, Arizona. This is a fun read with some interesting characters. ASIN: B005DNYFZK
13. Whispering by Gerrie Ferris Finger – Will Cleo Snow admit to making love with charming World War I fly-boy Graham Henry to clear him in the disappearance of an island woman who claims he plans to marry her? Will Graham compromise Cleo to clear himself? With her spirit firmed by deceit, Cleo vows to uncover the truth and keep her secret.
15 Free Kindle Books From Established
Children’s & YA Authors
Plus One Bonus E-Book in Multiple Formats!
April 19, 2012
Visit the Amazon Listmania list at for another way to browse the 15 Kindle Books.
Date: April 19 Only
The Event: Fill up your Kindle and get your children reading this summer with these 15 books, free on Kindle only on April 19 during the Give Your Child A Free Kindle Book (or 15 of Them!) Promotion. The list includes picture books, middle grade novels, and young adult books spanning a range of topics from sports, to paranormal, to historical, to educational. Selected books include the Florida Historical Society’s Best Children’s book of its year, books that have been recommended in Best Books for Young Teen Readers Grades 7-10 and in an edition of Children’s Book of the Year compiled by the Child Study Children’s Book Committee in New York City, and a finalist in the Valley Forge Romance Writers Sheila contest and in the Florida Romance Writers Golden Palm contest.
Belgrave House has also offered a 16th bonus book, an Agatha-awarding winning novel, which will be free on that day and can be downloaded in the e-book format of your choice.
The authors in the promotion have been published by houses such as Scholastic, Dell, HarperCollins, Simon Pulse, Avon, E.P. Dutton, Millbrook, Lerner, and St. Martin’s Minotaur, and have written for Broadway, to name a few of their accomplishments. Don’t miss this one-day exclusive offer to give your child an e-book (or many e-books!) Adult readers will find much to enjoy on this list also.
Captain Morgana Mason by Dorothy Francis – Gramp falls ill. Morgana and her younger brother, Seth take charge of the family’s sponging business, using their small boat to hook sponges from the sea and sell them. Housekeeper, Goldie, adds humor and wisdom to the tale. You’ll root for Morgana as she seeks her strengths and grapples with the adult world. The Florida Historical Society voted this book as the best Children’s book of its year.
Dark Before Dawn by Stacy Juba – When teen psychic Dawn Christian gets involved with a fortuneteller mentor and two girls who share her mysterious talents, she finally belongs after years of being a misfit. When she learns her new friends may be tied to freak “accidents” in town, Dawn has an important choice to make – continue developing the talent that makes her special or challenge the only people who have ever accepted her.
Face-Off by Stacy Juba: Brad’s twin brother T.J. has gotten himself out of the fancy prep school his father picked for him and into the public high school Brad attends. The whole school is rooting for a big double-strength win…not knowing that their twin hockey stars are heating up the ice for a winner takes all face-off. Included in the reference guide Best Books for Young Teen Readers Grades 7-10 and recommended by the Hockey Hall of Fame Junior Education Program.
Einstein The Lazy Kitty by Renae Rae – This 30-page story is inspired by Renae Rae’s real-life lazy kitty. Einstein The Lazy Kitty, combines rhythmic writing and colorful illustrations to make this a short, fun book for all ages but it was designed with your toddler and early reader in mind.
Teddy Bear Town Children’s E-Book Bundle (Three Complete Picture Books) by Stacy Juba – Immerse your child in the gentle world of teddy bears with three picture books in one download. Each of these bedtime stories is fully illustrated with simple illustrations of teddy bear families. Includes The Flag Keeper, Victoria Rose and the Big Bad Noise, and Sticker Shoes. The Midwest Book Review on The Flag Keeper: “Excellent educational book filled with information all American children should know.”
The Worldwide Dessert Contest: Enhanced Multimedia Edition by Dan Elish – Pancakes that turn into trampolines, attacking caramel apples, roller-skating pies, are all a part of The Worldwide Dessert Contest: Enhanced Multimedia Edition by Dan Elish, a lip-smacking middle grade fantasy with an original musical score by a Broadway veteran embedded alongside the text! After losing to a cheat for the past eleven years, will chef Applefeller finally manage to nab the prize?
Savage Cinderella by PJ Sharon – Eighteen-year-old Brinn Hathaway has survived on her own in the Northwest High Country of Georgia since she was left for dead in a shallow grave by the man who kidnapped her as a child. When a young nature photographer, Justin Spencer, catches the wild girl on film and the two form a tentative friendship, Brinn must decide if coming out of hiding is worth the hope-and the danger-that may await her.
Ashlyn’s Radio by Wilson Doherty (Norah Wilson and Heather Doherty) – When circumstances force 17-y-o Ashlyn Caverhill to move to her grandma’s in Maine, she’s PO’d. Although it boasts the hot Caden Williams, she thinks Prescott Junction is the deadest place ever. She may be right. Not only does a ghost train roll through at night, but the Caverhill-cursed radio Ashlyn finds foretells that she’ll board it! With Caden’s help, she must find a way to escape her fate.
Dark Ascension: A Demon Anthology by N.R. Wick – Keep a flashlight handy. This collection of short stories for young adults is sure to draw out whatever’s skulking in the shadows. From supernatural entities, to crazed monsters, to disturbing discoveries, evil is lurking ’round every corner. Delve into the dark recesses of this creepy book… if you dare.
The Younger Days by Mike Hays – In the beginning, Boy Smyth has a dull Missouri farm life and a burning desire to be an outlaw like his hero, Cole Younger. In the end, Boy Smyth has five dead bodies and two burning buildings at his farm and the most feared man in the United States crying outside his front gate. And that desire for the outlaw life? It’s purged completely from his system.
Practice Cake by Dalya Moon – There’s one thing Maddie Bird (18) finds more tempting than red velvet cake: her coworker, Drew. All it takes is one of his sly winks or a playful hip-check by the cooler, and she’s incinerating the cookies. Her boyfriend would not approve. When a reality TV crew descends upon the bakery, her simple summer job gets even more complicated.
Away from Whipplethorn by A.W. Hartoin – Tiny fairies. Huge adventure. Matilda is about to get what she’s always wanted, and it’s a bad thing. Being a babysitter isn’t much of a dream, but Matilda is anything but average. She’s half a centimeter tall, invisible to the human eye, and hearing-impaired. In her life, adventures are in short supply, but there is a emergency list for her first job. The only problem; humans aren’t on the list.
Grammar Candy by Katrina Streza – Have you ever wondered what exactly an adjective was? Drawn a blank when your child asked for help with English grammar homework? In Grammar Candy, the second book by educator Katrina Streza, Danny and Sam are back for another candy-filled learning adventure. This time, they’ll turn a grammar lesson into some sweet fun when they visit Mr. Candor’s Candy Shop and learn about nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs and more. For candy-loving kids in grades 1-3 (and their parents too)!
Doctor: Discover Series Picture Book for Kids by Xist Publishing
Who likes going to the doctor? Who wants their child to grow up to be a doctor?
Whether you’re looking to alleviate anxiety or plant the suggestion early, DOCTOR features 25 full-color photos of doctors, nurses and medical equipment.Like other titles in the Kindle Kids Library from Xist Publishing, DOCTOR has been formatted to take advantage of the Kindle, Kindle Fire and Kindle apps for phones, tablets and computers.
Time to Get Ready, Bunny! by Brenda Ponnay – It’s time to get ready, Bunny! Bunny? BUNNY? In this charming little book, author/illustrator Brenda Ponnay has artfully depicted the morning routine of so many families. Whether your little one would rather stay in bed, play with toys, or try on every outfit in the closet, this book is sure to resonate with parents.
Don’t miss the free bonus book, compatible with many types of e-readers! Offered by author Nancy Means Wright and Belgrave House:
The Pea Soup Poisonings by Nancy Means Wright – To get into her brother’s Spy Club, Zoe must walk a high narrow beam over rusted farm machinery and then discover who poisoned Granny Fairweather’s pea soup. She has 5 days to find the culprit. Can she do it? Winner of an Agatha award for Best Children’s/Young Adult Novel.
This book has no purpose other than to entertain you and make you smile. It makes me smile. I hope it makes you smile. I was originally going to caption the photos, but decided it would be more fun to let you form your own caption for each image.
These are full color books that will display best in Kindle Apps or on a Kindle Fire.
This is a full color book of art of close ups of cat’s eyes. If you love cats and love looking into their eyes, this is the book for you. Best viewed on a color Kindle App or a Kindle Fire, the majority of the images are best viewed in horizontal.
I hope you enjoy the art, enjoy the cats and that the book makes you smile.
Welcome to 12 Days of Gifts Galore Giveaway Hop hosted by Tales From the Nursery, Formula Mom, and Mama on a Green Misson. There’s over $5,000 in prizes offered to help you get the gifts you need this holiday season. After you are done entering our giveaway you’ll want to check out everyone else’s AND enter for a chance to win one of three GRAND prizes sponsored by Kudzoom! Each blog you stop and enter at will be another entry!
Be sure to visit all of the other sites listed below the entries!